The World Bank is seeking a Senior Communications Officer to lead the FBO Engagement Program.
Oversight of the FBO Engagement Program
• Oversees the implementation and monitoring of a comprehensive, results-oriented strategy for building and strengthening the WBG’s engagement and partnership building efforts with faith-based and religious organizations and other diverse stakeholders.
• Contributes to the formulation of the WBG’s public position on critical issues pertinent to FBO and religious organizations working in development.
• Develops and systematically maintains high-level networks and contacts with FBOs and religious organizations across the globe and serves as liaison with a diverse group of influencers.
• In close collaboration with WBG operational units, explores opportunities for operational partnerships with development-focused FBOs and religious organizations.
• Tracks and analyzes key issues of importance to FBO-WBG relations, advises senior management, CommNet managers/advisors, and others on important policy issues, opportunities and risks.
• Oversees strategic planning, coordination and logistics around high-level fora and events aimed at advancing the WB’s developing priorities and bringing faith based organizations and leaders into these discussions.
General Support of the Stakeholder Engagement Program
• Supports key institutional initiatives and advocacy efforts, and works closely and collaboratively with others focused on constituency engagement – civil society, foundations, parliamentarians and other key stakeholders.
• Supports the development and management of tools that enhance Bank staff capacity to effectively engage with broad set of global stakeholders I.e. a Stakeholder Engagement Resource Guide and Training workshops
• Fosters concrete partnerships with diverse stakeholders as part of a broad-based movement to end poverty and boost shared prosperity.
• Prepares or oversees preparation of major communications products, including briefing notes and speeches for senior management.
• Represents the WBG in various fora related to global development, faith and related issues and addresses range of stakeholders (including FBO and religious leaders, UN and government officials, civil society, etc.)